Writing Young Adult Stories as a Young Adult: Camryn Garrett on Advocacy, the Creative Process, and Film
Camryn Garrett was born and raised in New York. In 2019, she was named one of Teen Vogue’s 21 Under 21 and a Glamour College Woman of the Year. Her first novel, Full Disclosure, received rave reviews from outlets such as Entertainment Weekly, the Today Show, and The Guardian, which called a “warm, funny and thoughtfully sex-positive, an impressive debut from a writer still in her teens.” Her second novel, Off the Record received three starred reviews. Her third novel, Friday I’m in Love, will be released in January 2023. Camryn is also interested in film and recently graduated from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. You can find her on Twitter @dancingofpens, tweeting from a laptop named Stevie.
Thank you to our partners for this event!
- Ames Public Library
- Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success
- Dog·Eared Books
- Iowa State University Library
- Margaret Sloss Center for Women and Gender Equity
- MFA program in Creative Writing and Environment
- Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
- Women’s and Gender Studies Program